The Best Dog Party of the Year: National Fetch Day with Chuckit!

Mr. N grew up in a household without toys. When he arrived at his foster home and saw toys, he didn’t know what to do with them. But his foster Giant Schnauzer friend and mentor soon converted him to the joys of toys. Especially the Chuckit! Launcher. The two of them used to chase after that ball until a human would call the game off. Maybe because he was socialized to the Chuckit! in that fashion but now he is magnetized to that launcher and other dogs. He loves playing with the Chuckit! Launcher with other dogs best.

This post is sponsored by Chuckit! but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.

Why Fetch?

• Good aerobic exercise. Running after Mr. N is hard work. He is fast. With fetch and the chuckit!, he practically exercises himself! And at speeds I’m unlikely to sustain for long.
  • Socialization. Mr. N loves his dog play dates and fetch is a good way to socialize with other dogs if no one is a resource guarder.
  • Bonding. A dog trainer (I forget which, please remind me if you know) brought up the concept of dog piggy banks. You put in coins/credit with things the dog enjoys like walks and fetch and treats and take out money with unpleasant but necessary things like vet visits, baths and nail trims. Fetch helps build up those credits and helps you bond with your dog!

Why Chuckit!?

Joining the list of beloved dog holidays including Spoil Your Dog Day, National Bacon Day and Walk in the Park Day, is Chuckit! National Fetch Day on October 19th (the 3rd Saturday of October). Your dog can have a party with other dogs and dog people by attending one of the Official Chuckit! Parties to celebrate National Fetch Day. You can find out where by visiting the their website.

What are you and your dog(s) doing to celebrate National Fetch Day?

Comments

comments

1. wazwu

September 17, 2019 2:14 pm

How sad that Mr. N grew up in a home without toys and didn’t know what to do with them when he was first introduced to them. Looks like he’s an expert with toys now and having a grand time with them!

2. spabettie

September 17, 2019 7:45 pm

aww, my dachshund Rosemary and I didn’t even know it was national fetch day! I’m going to have to make this up to her… ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve also never used a chuck it, but your reasons for having one are great!

3. Sandy Kubillus

September 22, 2019 11:01 am

I’d love to have a ball dog again! Someday, I hope. Nice seeing Mr. N running along the beach.

I own a chuckit, but I preferred playing baseball. I used tennis balls and a bat and hit the ball with fairly good precision. It was a challenge for me, which is why I preferred it. But when guests came, they couldn’t hit the ball which frustrated the dog! The chuckit makes it easier to throw far and to not have to pick up a soggy, dirty tennis ball.

September 22, 2019 5:55 pm

There are several senior citizens who come to the park near me with their dogs and a Chuckit Launcher. It is great exercise for the dogs and the humans don’t become overexerted.

Theo loves to chase a ball, but he doesn’t always give it up after he fetches it.

5. Treeno7

September 23, 2019 5:13 am

Chuck it is a best seller at the store I used to manage. Great line of great toys. Mr N is clearly having a blast with his chuck itโ€™s and his friends now.

6. Rebecca Sanchez

September 23, 2019 8:58 am

Looks like Mr. N had the best day playing with Chuck It! I love that toy – so many useful little games you can play with it, and watching the joy on a dog’s face is awesome. Mr N definitely is having a ball with toys nowadays!