How do you know if your dog approves of their new orthopedic dog bed? By jumping into it the second you finish removing the packaging. I haven’t spent a lot of money on dog beds because Mr. N uses dog beds just enough so that we can’t fully justify getting rid of them but talk about whether it’s worth keeping them. But we’re definitely keeping the Brentwood Home Runyon orthopedic dog bed around.
The company makes human mattresses but uses the same materials and techniques to make their dog beds. The Runyon bed comes in four sizes (Mr. N has the small of course) and four colors including sandstone, charcoal, mocha and raven (which is not currently on their website but is the one that we have). This bed comes with a bolster and Mr. N likes to rest his head on the sides so we went with that one. They also have the Griffith.
Mr. N doesn’t have any joint or arthritis issues so I can’t speak to if the orthopedic dog bed helps with those issues but I can attest that he sleeps in this bed more than any other dog bed he has had. My secret suspicion is that he knows how much the bed costs and he approves. He has expensive taste.
He still loves the human bed the best but occasionally he’ll bypass the couch in favor of the Brentwood bed. He especially likes to sleep in the bed during human dinnertime so he can nap but still supervise activities. When he thinks it’s dinnertime, he’ll run to the bed and wait expectantly for dinner and permission to eat.
The problem we have now is deciding which room to put the bed in. The living room or the newly renovated office?
- He actually uses the bed on a daily basis.
- The cover is removable and washable.
- Comes with a waterproof lining.
- Three-year warranty.
- Free returns within 30 days.
- Made in California using non-toxic materials.
- Furniture-grade fabric and lock stitching. Great for dogs (like Mr. N!) that like to paw at the bed and circle to find just the right place.
- The orthopedic dog bed offers a layer of CertiPUR-US base foam for support and two-inch gel memory foam for comfort.
- I’d like it if there were more color options. The current colors are pretty neutral which the boyfriend approves of but I tend to favor brighter shades.
- Price ($155-265). It’s definitely not a small sum but the bed will last and hold up to dog shenanigans.
Would your dog also like to sleep in comfort and luxury? Use our coupon code “TERRIER15” to save 15 percent off on any of the pet beds. One use per customer and good through 12/31/17 11:59 PM PST. And we’re also offering a giveaway! Enter to win a bed (your choice of make, color and size) for your pup.