1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone who is visiting for the first time, please give a quick description of the subject of your blog.
I started the blog in August of 2013. Tenacious Little Terrier follows Mr. N’s adventures in Portland beyond. I blog about training, hiking with a small dog, and various escapades from Mr. N’s life.
2. What is the one thing that you accomplished during 2015, either on your blog or because of it, that made you most proud?
Mr. N became certified as a therapy dog and earned his first therapy dog title! I also went to ClickerExpo and it was an awesome experience. Mr. N was also the demo dog for a dog safety class
to help a kid get over his fear of dogs.
4. A common theme from last year’s challenge was that many of us wanted to increase the size of our audiences. Whether or not we intend to monetize our blogs, it seems we’d all like to reach more people. It feels good to know that we’re connecting with others, sharing a laugh or supporting a cause, and it’s motivating to see those numbers grow! What is one thing you’ve done in the past year that has brought more traffic to your blog?
Been more active on social media! I’ve been focusing on Twitter. I’d like to get my Instagram numbers up and post more regularly and work on pinning on Pinterest.
6. What is one blog that you read religiously – other than your own – and what makes you such a devoted reader? (Please include a link.)
I have a ton of pet blogs that I follow on Feedly. I can’t choose one!
7. What resources do you rely on to enhance your technical, writing, photography, social media, or other skills that improve your blog?
I’m always reading something. I keep meaning to track the number of books I’ve read in a year but haven’t gotten around to it. I took an online photography class this year.
8. What is the best piece of advice you can offer other bloggers?
Write about what you care about. Not what you think you should be writing about.
9. What is your vision for your blog in 2016? Do you have specific goals?
I’d like to improve my photography skills, learn more about social media and SEO and set up a newsletter.
10. You have the attention of the pet blogging community – is there one blogging challenge you’d like help with, or one aspect of your blog that you’d like input on?
Which topics would you like to see more of on my blog? What would you like to see less of?