We recently got sent a case of Merrick Backcountry Grain-Free 96% Real Beef Recipe Canned Dog Food by Chewy.com to review and are discovering various uses for canned food. Mr. N primarily eats raw and he has only had canned food on special occasions previously.
|Mr. N says they’re all his.|
We’ve been using canned food for:
- Stuffing the Kong: Easiest Kong ever. Just put a few spoonfuls of canned food in the Kong and freeze.
- Training: Spread thinly on a long-handled spoon (especially great for small dogs) or in a food tube.
- Palatability: Great for mixing in with kibble as a treat or coaxing dogs to eat.
- Adding more water to your dog’s diet: Canned food has a high water content which is great for dogs that tend not to drink enough or during the summer when dogs get more easily dehydrated.
- Emergency backup food: For when you run out of kibble or forget to thaw raw food.
|Mr. N doing platform training and waiting to be rewarded|
This post was sponsored by Chewy. They are not responsible for the contents of this article. All opinions expressed are our own.