Welcome to 2015’s first Positive Pet Training Blog Hop, hosted by Cascadian Nomads, our new co-host Rubicon Days and myself. During 2014, Mr. N learned how to fetch, became certified as a therapy dog and improved his recall skills dramatically.
|And worked on his balancing and perching skills!|
This year, I’d like to:
- Work on the hot dog retrieve. We did a training session or two over the holidays. I’ve gotten to the point where he will take it from my hand and drop it back in my hand. Mr. N thinks I have lost my mind and does not understand the point of the exercise yet.
- Teach Mr. N one or two of the flashy tricks: skateboarding, jump rope, foot stalls etc.
- Add a few titles to his name. Lure coursing, and maybe his CGC this year.
- Teach him how to heel! He walks nicely on a loose leash so I haven’t really bothered but Bethany suggested it as a way to teach focus and attention and to wear him out(?) so I’m putting this on the list.
- Look for truffles. A friend told me that if I teach Mr. N to sniff them out, she knows someone who has truffles on their land and will let us search.
Mr. N working on his core by standing on his inflated K9 Fitbone. #activedog #terriersofinstagram #terriers #tenaciouslittleterrier #exercise #conditioning #portland #ilovemydog #ilovemydog #yorkie #yorkiegram101 #yorkiesofinstagram #resolution #maltese #dogs #dogtraining #dogoftheday #dogstagram #doglovers #dogstagram #dogsofinstagram