Tulips Galore at the Dog-Friendly Wooden Shoe Tulip Fest

Mr. N and his partner-in-crime, Sage set out on another adventure and found… tulips! Rows and rows of gorgeous flowers at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm in Woodburn, Ore. Dogs on leash are allowed.

It was the perfect day for walking around and looking at flowers. The dogs enjoyed frolicking in the sun and accepting admiration from passersby.

And meeting new friends.

The dogs were very good about just “looking” at the flowers and not damaging them in any way. Unlike some kids we saw who were running around with tulips in their hands!

Mr. N hopped onto the tractor.

And Sage joined him for the ride. This is Mr. N’s “men don’t stop for directions” face.

And this is his diabolical tulip face.

The cow train drove by.

And Mr. N got lost in the field of flowers.

Mr. N would like to complain to the management that nothing is Yorkie-sized.
On our way out, we made a quick stop at the garden and took some windmill photos.
The dogs discussing what to do on their next adventure. Who knows what they’ll come up with?

Comments

comments

April 18, 2014 7:52 pm

What a beautiful place and such a different and fun place to take the dogs. I loved Mr N's "diabolical tulip face"….he did look like he was going to attack that tulip….too funny!

2. Kerri Irwin

September 16, 2016 2:45 pm

oh my gosh what beautiful photos I am so jealous of all the tulips and bright colors we don't have anything like this in the AZ desert! Mr. N looked like he had so much fun!

3. Talent Hounds

September 17, 2016 5:30 pm

What a beautiful day and beautiful photos. So colourful and Mr N looks so adorable. How great they make it dog-friendly. I'll have to check if there are any dog-friendly places and events like that near here.

4. Dash Kitten

September 18, 2016 3:11 am

This brings back memories for us of visiting Keukenhof in Holland. Keukenhof translates as kitchen garden but I remember, like you, there were flowers as far as they eye could see and they took the breath away (some kitchen garden!). I love tulips and especially like your close up of the elaborate one!

Thank you and Mr N for a gorgeous post!

5. WherePetsAreFound

September 19, 2016 6:47 am

Hey Mr N, nice to see Sage tagging along with your for these colourful pics. Here's some aussie trivia for you… Canberra, the national capital of Australia is famous for 2 things – 1 being the little known capital, and 2 having an annual Tulip Festival!

6. Bryn Nowell

September 19, 2016 5:52 pm

That's it!! I'm moving. You guys have too many awesome places, sights, and events over where you are and I'm jealous. Gussy up your spare bedroom cause I'm moving in! (Just kidding, but I WISH I could at least come visit!)

7. Elizabeth Keene

September 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Whee, what a beautiful sight! I didn't know tulips grew like this outside of the Mid-West. So cool! Mr. N looks especially stuffed animal-like in this pictures. ☺ Oh my gosh, he's too cute!